Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Song 1 Land of Living

Verse 1
darkness surrounded my heart
i believed beauty was greater in death
i covered myself with deep sorrow
to mask the growing pain

                     F (e)
and death grew
                     G
and it knew me

and I fell hard and fast to this death
i called life
but i never let go of the faint whisper
over the rush of pain
out of the hurricane

Chorus:
for i believe that i will see the goodness of god in the land of the living

Verse 2
as the people left my side
as the pain grew and raged in me
I began to lose belief

and i listened and i knew
that what i heard was truth
he said
lower your heart into the grave
be buried alive for your life's sake

Here, lay, your life to gain
Trust my embrace

C                                        F
I will warm you with my love
                                         C
Will show you with my love
                                           F
Will hold you in my love

Am
My presence surrounds you
G
I Never Forsake you
F
I forget your sin

Am
I forget your sin
G
I forget your sin
F
I forgot your sin

trust my warmth and presence
i will be with you
through every season
i will be with you

Chorus 2:
you will see the goodness of me in the land of the living


Verse 3
C            
I stepped in
Em
dirt surrounding
C
terrified
Em
my heart was pounding

there in the grave the darkness grew
and i began to feel the truth
it pained me like a healing balm
into rest i began to fall
the warmth of the day
refreshing rain
his presence, his presence, never left me
and here in the silence out of the pain

Chorus 3:
i believe that i would see the goodness of God in the land of the living

Verse 4
then bursting forth up from the grave
my heart arose i was awake
for so many years
in so much pain the end was here i saw the light
the glory of god revealed my heart
i rose in beauty, trust, and faith
in a garden my feet felt soft grass
surrounded with bountiful beautiful life
wildflowers, fruit, and fresh green life
i felt the colors of his love unfold
reflecting the light

Bridge
Here i ran, here i danced, here i shouted for the veil was lifted
the coast was cleared
the storm was ceased and new life is here
i cannot believe it, can this be real, i never imagined this fire i feel

Chorus 4:
I am covered in His Goodness, with my God in the land of the living

Outro Tag
And I'm never the same again


No comments:

Post a Comment